Album Turning 50 “Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers”

American Girl by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers was recorded on July 4th, 1976 in LA.


So on this Magical Monday Musical Matinee, our feature “Album Turning 50” is his debut “Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers”

It wasn’t released until November 1976 so I was saving it.

But since American Girl was recorded on the fourth and reportedly written the day before on the 3rd!?

After all it was a great big world

With lots of places to run to…


In honor of T&T’s wedding, I chose a special “Original and Cover” for this Magical Monday Musical Matinee.

Clearly singing about someone else but so what, “The One” by Taylor Swift.

The cover is by Counting Crows. I’m no Swiftee. I was a Madonna Wannabe.

But Adam made me like this song.

And we are playing both of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment